Wednesday 26 January 2011

Lifehouse - Smoke And Mirrors

Nosing around on Twitter after tweeting a blog post I clicke a link leading to a band called Lifehouse and found their album Smoke and Mirrors on Spotify so decided to listen to it. Opening track All In definately gripped me with it's upbeat rhythm and catchy tuneage. Nerve Damage definately has an unusual air about it; the song starts of with a very low tempo leaving the listener to think they are being lead into to some sort of ballad then the tempo speeds up, I have to admit that caught me off guard but I have never heard a song that used about three different tempos in the same song. They managed to pull it off too which is awesome.The song Falling In definately stood out; it reminds me of the Bon Jovi song Lost Highway, long country road in America This album definately made feel happy; it is the pefect thing to cheer someone up. I also think it's great if you are going on a long road trip. Even though it may not be heavy enough for some of you I definately think if you want to listen to something softer then this is the album for you.

Stand out tracks:  Nerve Damage, Halfway Gone and Smoke and Mirrors

No comments:

Post a Comment