Sunday 7 November 2010

Fighting With Wire - Man vs. Monster

This was the absoulute perfect thing to keep me awake in a car journey on the way to help at a carboot sale first thing in the morning.

The opening track Cut The Transmission had a Billy Talent/Lostprophets vibe to it, which I thought worked very very well and it was a great energy vibe to kept me going for the rest of the day. My personal favourite track on the album is Long Distance, in some ways I could relate to the pain that's being expressed through the lyrics in this song and I loved the sadness in the melody.....anyway before I start crying. There were some elements of grunge as well as punk, the track Sugar sounded very much like a Nirvana track; it was like Kurt Cobain had come back from the dead....although in my eyes he is still very much alive. 


I would happily listen to this album again and again, it's one of those rare albums you can listen to from beginning to end :)

Stand Out Tracks:  Long Distance, Strength In Numbers and This Body Is In Danger

No comments:

Post a Comment