Sunday 14 November 2010

We Are The Fallen - Tear The World Down

I found this band on Last.FM when listening to Dommin radio, so I thought I'd give their album a listen and I'm glad I did. I was enticed by Carly Smithson's beautifully haunting vocals; sounding very much like Amy Lee from Evanescence, I also got a hint of Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil in her vocal style that I liked very much. I also love it when bands, particularly when rock and metal is concerned, use orchestral music in their songs as well as the rock guitar, drums etc. because it adds a fantasy emblem to it, more dramatic. You can imagine all kinds of things going on to the music and it is just wonderful. The opening song Bury Me Alive reminded me very much of Evanescence song Going Under; maybe the fact three former Evanescence members Ben Moody, Rocky Gray and John LeCrompt being part of this band could be the reason. Not a bad thing of course, in a way it's like passing the torch to this singer. Ballad Sleep Well My Angel showed a softer side to the band, I thought it was so beautifully written and it my have become a personal favourite on the album. Overall a truly wonderful album with cleverly written songs and powerful melodies, I hope these guys are considering visiting the UK some time.

Stand out tracks:   Bury Me Alive, Sleep Well My Angel and St John

http://www.wearethefallen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment