Sunday 7 November 2010

More Than Conquerors - More Than Conquerors EP

After watching an epic live set from this band the night before I was very much looking forward to listening to the EP I had purchased moments after their performance. I immediately got a glimpse of their unique approach to rock music from the opening track I've Done Nothing/I've Done It All, which at first seemed like it wasn't going to be heavy at all but then the dirty heavy riffs kicked in and I really really loved that. This band are also very very versatile, the tracks A Crooked Old World and Home Is A Red Dress I heard a banjo which I wasn't expecting at all from a heavy alternative rock band. I also admired the authentic clear vocals from Kris Platt, I could hear his Irish accent so so clearly and I really loved that, you hear the same kind of authentic accent vocals from Scottish Biffy Clyro. The songs were very cleverly written, particularly in Home Is Your Red Dress; the poetical metaphors were strong and clear. Looking forward to your next performance guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment