Wednesday 24 November 2010

Lordi - Babez For Breakfast

I love Lordi so I was looking forward to listening to it but I was a little bit dissapointed this time. I thought most of the songs sounded the same with the same chord sequence and rhythm, this wasn't their best album for me. I still prefer Monster Show to this one, but there were some of the songs that made it not so bad. Rock Police was a very hard rock 80s sounding track with a keyboard solo rather than a guitar solo which I thought was awesome. Call Off The Wedding showed a side of Lordi I had never ever seen before so that was a great suprise for me too; they have never had any kind of ballad on their albums before. I like the anarchy behind Give Your Life for Rock and Roll, apparently Lordi are all Christian and them being in a rock band maybe considered a sin but they don't give a damn. I like that. Overall verdict, not their best album but then again not the worst album in the world.

Stand out tracks:  Call Off The Wedding, This Is Heavy Metal and Give Your Life for Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment