Monday 8 November 2010

What a great idea

One of my favourite bands, Dommin, has launched such a great idea for their next video for the song Closure; they want to get the fans involved by uploading videos or photos of themselves saying a hard goodbye to something they have given up or someone they have lost along with other ideas on their message board. I think many many people can relate to the pain in this song and this could possibly be the greatest emotional release.

I first came across Dommin when they were to support HIM on their Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practise Tour earlier this year and I was blown away by the song My Heart, Your Hands. I found a few more along with Love Is Gone, Dark Holiday, Tonight and of course Closure, so I was very much looking forward to their performance. They have a musical gift, they put on such a magical performance at Bournemouth 02 Academy and every time I listen to their album Love Is Gone I am somehow under a spell that helps me escape the horrors of reality. Dark but heartfelt lyrics, haunting melodies and Kristopher Dommin's enticing vocal work; the album has the whole package. I am also lucky to have met these guys too, so down to earth and friendly. They didn't mind me coming over three times for hugs, photo and an autograph.

Anyways, I think this is an absoulute wonderful way to get their fans involved. It's a remarkable way of giving something to those who showed their gratitude for their music and I cannot wait for the final outcome.

If you're a Dommin fan and want to know how you can get involved with this, click the link below for more info:

http://www.dommin.com/board_posts/closure-video?page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment